Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

Teacher Week Blog Hoppin'


I'm joining up with other teachers from around the web for Teacher Week 2011. If you'd like to play along, just link up here: Blog Hoppin' Teacher Week.


  • Monday you will get to know the bloggers. 
  • Tuesday will be full of advice for new teachers. 
  • Wednesday will feature photos of our classrooms. 
  • Thursday will be a link to a favorite font, blog, and online resource.
  • Friday will be a "free for all" loaded with free goodies for your classroom.
Today I'll let you know 5 things about me:
  1. I have been teaching at the same school my entire career. This will be my 7th year of teaching. When I was first hired, I had the unique opportunity of going to a brand new elementary school the first year it opened. It was amazing to be part of such a strong team of teachers- all of who wanted to be on board to help get the new school off the ground and see it's vision through.
  2. I used to teach preschool before embarking on my new journey. While I was teaching at a preschool full time, I went to earn my undergrad degree by taking mostly night classes. I received my degree in Elementary Education and I am certified to teach K-8 with an emphasis in communication arts and literature. I earned my Master's Degree in Teaching and Learning two years ago. My final project was a year-long study on reading comprehension and response journals. I will be sure to share the things I do in my classroom.
  3. I will admit that I do, on occasion, eat school lunch. I once had a thought that I should eat school lunch every day and document it to see if I lost weight (or gained). 
  4. I have one son who is in preK and another boy on the way- due around Thanksgiving. I will be taking my maternity leave for December and a few weeks in January. Right now, we are calling the baby "Sharky" (yes, my son loves sharks).
  5. In my spare time (when I have some) I enjoy scrapbooking and reading for my book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment