Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Reading

Each August, I make sure to go back to my tried-and-true professional development books to freshen up my back to school experience. Below are the books I will be diving into again before school starts.
The First Days of School by Harry K. Wong


The First Six Weeks of School by Paula Denton and Roxann Kriete (Responsive Classroom)
The Morning Meeting Book by Roxann Kriete (Responsive Classroom)

The Daily 5 by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser ("The Sisters")


The CAFE Book by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser ("The Sisters")


Each of these books can be found at Amazon.com by clicking on the caption below the book. They are each under $20 and definitely my go-to reference each year.

I will definitely go into more detail about how I use elements of Responsive Classroom, Daily 5 and the CAFE models to teach reading. I will also gush about how awesome "The Sisters" are in person and how you should totally fork over the money to see their 2-day workshop (or get professional development funding for your whole grade level team to offset part of the cost like we did). 

No comments:

Post a Comment