Here are some interesting tidbits and quirks that I have...don't judge! ;)
1. I am married to my semi-high school sweetheart. We met when I was a senior and he was a junior.
2. I have never lived in a house with more than one bathroom. Ugh.
3. I am a big Minnesota Twins baseball fan (even though we're going through another "rebuilding year"). I get it from my mom. My husband and boys don't mind, though! We have a season ticket package that we split with some family members. Our youngest went to his first game at Target field when he was about 5 months old. He's now been to 3 games and he's about 8 months- his 4th is on Saturday. :)
(Our oldest isn't pictured here- he was already inside with Grandma!)
4. I've decided painting my nails is going to be my girly thing in a house full of boys.
5. I love wearing funky socks- especially in winter with my tall boots. Then no one knows!
6. I eat my M&Ms after sorting them by color.
7. I had one day off of school when I was little for a snow day (technically it was because the temp here in MN was too low and the governor cancelled all schools). Since I've been teaching, every year I've had either a late start/early release or a full snow day. Last year I thought we'd break that trend but we had an ice storm on Leap Day! Crazy! This photo is from that day- sheer ice under that snow.
8. I'm a reality TV junkie. I don't even remember what scripted television is like. ;)
I am so glad season 10 of this started:
And I still watch this in the summer:
And I'm looking forward to this:
9. I grew up with cats. Lots of them. We had three cats that all had kittens at the same time to make a total of 21 cats at once. We gave them away for free. I now have one dog. Just one.
10. I am a cheap date. I don't drink fancy coffees and I don't get my hair done in a fancy salon. I don't like seafood and I don't drink alcohol. Order me a Coke with a cheeseburger and fries and I'm all good.
But make sure it's Coke, not Pepsi. And definitely not diet.
I'll be back tomorrow with my thoughts on Chapter 2 of Cafe!