Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Inspiration and Currently

Quote

Website
Scholastic Professional Development- love the podcasts!
Blog
The creator of this blog, Farley, does a monthly link up called "Currently." Here is my "Currently" list for July:


My little one (officially 7 months old today!) is having a giggle fit. So cute! I can also see his bottom two teeth busting through...that'll be fun!

I finally have a tan after almost nearly a week up north at our family cabin. It was in the 90s almost the entire time so we spent the days on the boat!

I am taking a 3 credit class this summer and I need to come up with an inquiry unit for my kiddos. I am toying with different topics but I can't nail down just one.

I think I have some Throwback Kemp's Chocolate Chip ice cream in the freezer...

I have a gigantic pile of laundry waiting for me.

One of my favorite read-alouds for school is The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo. It is great for girls (love the princess fairy tales!) and boys (love the hero!) and they both love comparing the book to the movie.



My favorite resource is Reading with Meaning by Debbie Miller. Love! I have a jillion Post-it notes and highlighting marks in that book. My final Master's Degree project was about comprehension and reading notebooks and her book was the backbone to my lesson planning. 



5 comments:

  1. I was lucky enought to spend two days this summer at a workshop with Debbie Miller! Wonderful lady and great ideas. I am waiting until November to get her Reading with Meaning book as it will be a revised edition and will have some of the information from this summer's workshop that is no in her other edition. I am also planning on getting "Teaching with Intention." Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous! I watched her videos when I was researching for my Master's. Thank you for the tip about the revised edition in November- I will definitely be on the lookout! I do have "Teaching with Intention" and I created a little journal for it- I should share some of the things in there!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that quote! Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower and I am giving you the One Lovely Blog Award. Come by and check it out.

    Mrs. Slocum
    Teacher's Don't Steal, They Share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great quote! And don't you just love a tan?? My husband was on vacation this week so we spent most days on the boat and I'm sporting a new tan too! Love it! I just found your blog through Farley's linky and I'm a new follower!

    Jackie

    Third Grade's A Charm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the sound of babies giggling! I am sure it will be even greater when it is my own little one! Gosh can't wait for that! Someday! Found you through the link up!

    -Simone
    busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete