Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Must Have Picture Books

I'm linking up with The Teacher Wife today to share some must have picture books.


It's SO hard to decide on just five books! I keep all of my favorite read-aloud picture books at school in a special bucket. After I read them, they are put on a shelf of books that aren't allowed in book boxes but can be read during Daily 5 and returned.

Here are some that I like (and my kids enjoy, too!).  Click on the picture to find a copy.

A wonderful story about a student who thinks they can't draw and the inspiration a teacher gives.


This one is a fun story about a cat who takes over writing a book about himself. There are other Chester books, too!


A sweet story about a little girl who gets picked on and how she gets puts the bully in his place- in a nice way.

I remember reading this one with my younger sister when I was little. It's about a postman who delivers letters to fairy tale characters. I love this interactive book- you can open up the letters!


A cute story about friendship and my go-to book for teaching about safety!

Head over to The Teacher Wife and link up your own must-haves!

8 comments:

  1. I think I need to check out Chester and The Dot! I always have students who tell me they can't draw!
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Officer Buckly and Gloria" is such a great book! I can teach so many skills from it

    Make sure to stop by and enter my giveaway.
    -Courtney
    2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay this is the gazillionth time I've seen The Dot and I feel a little silly since I haven't even heard of it yet! I just found your blog through the linky!

    And my kids love Chester too!

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so cute! I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. Be sure to stop by and pick it up!

    ~Julie
    www.thehipteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am now following your blog AND I am passing an award on to you. Please stop by my blog and pick it up (and follow if you would like.)
    Amy
    Adventures In Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cats and now I have to have all the Chester books!!! Thanks for sharing!

    Newest Follower
    Nicole
    Lanier's Kindergarten Lions

    ReplyDelete