Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award

1. Thank the person who presented the award to you and link back to them.
    Thank you to Michele Smyth over at New Adventures in First Grade for my virtual award!


2. Tell seven things about yourself.
  • I taught at a preschool while I was going to school for elementary education. I worked from 7am-3pm and then took classes at night before going home to my husband, homework, and bed!
  • I am organized in my own mind, it just might not look like it. Want a specific worksheet? I know exactly where it is in my pile. :)
  • I am a looping teacher for grades 1-2 which means I have the same class for first and second grades. This year I should have started my fourth loop at my school but I volunteered to take over another teacher's second grade class. I'm not sure where next year will find me- maybe first, maybe second, maybe a multi-age. Who knows?
  • I grew up with many kittens, hamsters, fish, a rat, two chickens, a handful of rabbits and a couple of dogs. Not all at once, though. And we didn't live on a farm- actually I grew up in a suburban area that was just named the Best Place to Live by Money Magazine.
  • My degree is K-8 with a specialty in Communication Arts and Literature. I also have my Master's degree in Teaching and Learning. My final Master's project was on comprehension. I will definitely share those ideas here!
  • When I was little I wanted to be a teacher...or a meteorologist. Which is strange since I HATE storms. Though I was thinking about taking a community ed course on how to be a storm spotter...
  • My husband and I met online. We were together for five years before we got married. This year we will celebrate 9 years of marriage. I have two boys, ages 5 and 1 month. We also have a chocolate lab to fill our king-sized bed.


3. Pass this onto 10 newly discovered blogs and let them know they've received the award.


  • Ms. Preppy- Caitlin teaches primary math in Kentucky. I found her blog when I signed up for Holly Bloggy Christmas. Thanks for hosting!
  • Schoolgirl Style- Melanie has the most amazing blog for decorating and organizing your classroom!
  • Second Story Window- I found these ladies through Pinterest and I love their stuff (especially the freebies!)
  • Just Reed- Ashley has fabulous ideas and a wonderful TPT store. I hope she posts soon!
  • First Grade Parade- Cara has inspiring posts and lessons for first grade teachers (and lots of Pinterest boards).
  • Step Into 2nd Grade- Love Amy's posts and lessons on TPT! 
  • The Inspired Apple- Abby has AMAZING lessons on her blog and in her TPT store- and perfect handwriting!
  • Mrs. Jump's Class- Deanna is always posting incredible activities and is one of the top sellers each week on TPT. Love her stuff!
  • Mrs. Meacham- Not really a blog but awesome ideas that I reference often. You can keep track of updates on her site here.
  • Mrs. Bainbridge's Class- Christina was my partner for Holly Bloggy Christmas and she is a wonderful blogger! 


1 comment:

  1. You are too sweet. Thanks so very much for the award. I am humbled!! I am working on getting my mojo back...lol. Plans for great posts, great units, and great freebies in the near future! :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete